BOOKING THE LODGE
There will be Covid-19 related requirements for all members and their guests visiting or staying at the Lodge.
- They must all be fully vaccinated with an Australian approved vaccine unless they have a formal medical exemption or are under 16 years of age. This will apply for the whole season.
- They must abide by current NSW Health orders.
- They must check-in at the Lodge with the Service NSW app using the QR code displayed and check-out when they finally leave.
- They must not attend the Lodge if they are displaying or feeling symptoms that might be Covid-19 or any other communicable disease including severe colds and flu.
- Each booking must be between 2 and 14 nights.
- There is minimum charge of $100 per booking.
- Over the Easter long weekend there will be a minimum booking charge of $1200 as this weekend is very competitive.
- You are now able to specify through the online system that a guest of a member will only stay for part of the whole booking by the member and be charged accordingly.
- Members will be able to make multiple bookings for different weeks.
- Guests can be booked in only if the member making the booking is already booked to stay in the Lodge for that period.
- The member making a booking must read the latest version of the Lodge Captain’s Duties Handbook and be prepared to accept the role and carry out the duties of a Lodge Captain.
- During winter the Covid-19 lock-downs caused a raft of cancellations. KPSC removed all cancellation retentions. All cancellations received a 100% credit and refund. Sadly this has resulted in a loss to the club as we did not cover bank transaction and associated charges. We have therefore decided to reintroduce a small general cancellation retention fee of 3% with a minimum of $20 no matter what the reason for the cancellation.
Unforeseen, unavoidable cancellation due to tragedy or a health issue including Covid-19.
- It remains the club’s policy that cancellations due to unavoidable and unforeseen tragic or health related issues will receive full cancellation credit less the general cancellation retention fee above. Cancellations that are a result of a government health order or border closure meet this criteria.
As vacancies from cancellations are more likely to be filled due to the online system, we have decided for this Summer season to have a more lenient policy with respect to cancellations that are not a result of a tragic or health incident.
- For cancellations more than 6 weeks before a booking only the general cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations between 6 weeks and 4 weeks before the booking a 30% cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellation between 4 weeks and 2 weeks before the booking a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations less than 2 weeks before the booking an 80% cancellation fee will be charged.
Please note that members should cancel all bookings themselves by logging on to the website and going to the “Manage a Booking” tab. All cancellations will automatically result in a credit, not a refund. This credit will be available for use against any future booking. For cancellations made less than 6 weeks before the booking as a result of a tragedy or for a health related reason, or where members require a refund of the credit arising from a cancellation they should email the KPSC booking officer with their request and the reasons for it.
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY
You will only be able to book through the online system. There will be no separate ballot. When you access the online system you will be able to see which dates and rooms remain un-booked. It will be a case of first in gets the first choice of the dates and rooms that they want, so for members, opening of bookings will be a critical time. I suggest that you log in before the opening just to see how the system works, though you will not be able to proceed to complete the booking until bookings open.
In order to complete a booking, the system will require you to pay using a credit card. If payment is not made within 15 minutes your reservation will lapse and the room will be available for some other member to book.
To book go to web address KPSC Lodge Bookings .
If there are any members who are unable to access the on-line booking system, please contact email@example.com.
You will have to logon with your Member Number and your password. If don’t have or can’t remember your password please click on the link “Retrieve your Member Number or password” just below the purple login button. Then fill in your member number and email address (the email address this email was sent to) on the right hand side of the next page and click on the purple “Get New Password” button. The password for your member number will be sent to your email address so you can access the system to make a payment by credit card, or change your details and when you are financial, book accommodation at the Lodge. Whilst you are logged on please go to the “Manage Account” “View My Details” tab and make sure that your phone numbers, especially your mobile and your physical/ mailing address are up to date.
WE PREFER YOU TO USE THE ONLINE eWAY SYSTEM RATHER THAN EFT INTO OUR BANK ACCOUNT AS OUR RECORDS WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY BE UPDATED IF YOU PAY BY EFT.
Note overseas members and members with an overdue subscription will not be able to book into the Lodge. Overseas members if you wish to change your status please contact KPSC Secretary.
AT THE LODGE
All breakages are to be reported to the Lodge Captain who will report them to the Booking Officer.
The Club provides all necessary cleaning equipment, washing powder, cleaning liquids etc. For environmental reasons no cleaning chemicals or substances are to be taken into the Lodge.
Do not forget to take towels and either queen size sheets and pillow slips or single bed sheets and pillow slips.
The Club rules, lodge regulations and the authority of the Lodge Captain must be observed by all persons in residence.